6.20.2012

New Blog Series: Photo a Day... (Google+)


Greetings from Lauren! (M of MYD)

I'm looking forward to introducing a new daily series here at Architect | MYD Blog...



We've written about social media a few times, and I'm back with a related topic...
Since our last update, Architect | MYD on Google+ is doing great, and we've been posting varying content not found on our website or facebook page.. So, I've been more active on Google+ lately, and though my activity is centered around design, the images and links shared there are also different from those posted here or on our MYD studio website
On G+, my main focus is photography, which is the art that led me to study architecture to begin with...

museum at niteroi, rio de janerio, brazil

Since I post a photo on a regular basis at my profile, I thought why not share it here, as well? I know there are still many readers who haven't jumped on the G+ train so readily, so time to bring it to you!

Also, for those who are friends on G+, I don't often give commentary or very explanatory titles, so this is a forum where I can share a bit more detail on any noteworthy items related to the photo.
I'll still, of course, going post MYD studio updates, though they are often more thorough at our site's blog, to which you can subscribe via feedburneremail or an RSS feed.

Also, I'd truly appreciate feedback; so feel free to share any thoughts on this new concept....

So, starting today, here's the image for 06.20.12:

A very large Whole Foods recently opened a few weeks ago. The design of the space used reclaimed wood and sustainable materials and was very well designed and executed. However, no images of those details are here today; I was sharing this one for #windowwedneday, a popular Google+ Photography theme. More to come, though!

Cheers, Lauren